Saturday 13 June 2015

WIP Update!

Not a great deal of stitching has been going on at Milkybar Towers this week, so I'm going to have to get a move on if I want all my current projects to be finished before the start of the best sporting event on the planet ;).

I've cut the border for the final part of Confetti of Hardanger and am looking to get that finished next week hopefully:

Part 15 cut
 

I've also been chipping away at Jodyri Butterfly Quote and just have the word "world" to stitch, so looking for a finish this weekend then it will be off to the fabric shop to find suitable fabric and trimmings!
 
 
Jodyri Butterfly Quote WIP 4
I just love this colour!


I've also picked my colours for my thread challenge pieces this month, I think I must have been influenced by all the blue sky we've had around here lately!


June's Thread Challenge
 
The colour combination for my hardanger piece this month may prove interesting, but I had that Watercolour in my stash so I figured I might as well use it and step out of my comfort zone!  My freebie piece this month is a bit selfish as it is no longer available, it is by The Sampler Girl aka @bzmama on IG aka Tanya Marie Anderson.  Nowadays she is much more about the knitting and yarn, so if you love that too check out her ravelry page, blog and vlog!  I do miss her Jane Austen inspired designs, but I have a few in my stash to keep me going yet ;).
 
Here's to having a more productive week next week!
 
Sidebar:  Thank you to everyone who entered my vlogaversary giveaway last week and who left comments on my video.  There were 170 entrants and the winners have been drawn and notified and their charts will be in the post in a few days!
 
 
Have a good weekend everyone and Happy Stitching!

19 comments:

  1. That is quite a little pile of snippings:) your hardanger piece looks great even without the bars wrapped.
    I am looking forwrd to seeing the result of your colour combination for your thread challenge.
    The butterfly colours are gorgeous,I can see why you love the thread colours.
    I enjoyed your new look vlog Amanda and followed the link to Bees Needleworks ..I now have Summer Tree in my stash:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combinations you've chosen. Looking forward to seeing them stitched up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hardanger piece is so lovely, the detail amazes me! Love the floss colors you picked for your next project too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I've been admiring that Hardanger piece since I say it on IG, it's so very neat and beautiful!
    and you're in for a finish this weekend, that's always nice! :D (BEAUTIFUL colour by the way)
    and of course I can't wait to see the new small you picked threads for, they remind me of the seaside <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The hardanger is beautiful. Really pretty. Lovely colour choices as well. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work, lookin forward to see your new project grow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I had to look at that hardanger piece for a while before I remembered it was a diamond shape on the fabric -- I was trying to figure out how you'd gotten the threads to run diagonally in the fabric! :P

    I really like your colors for the thread challenge -- can't wait to see how they stitch up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that hardanger looks gorgeous! Love your choices for the month - blue is my favorite color :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, not sure my original comment registered? I'll repeat myself..

    WIMBLEDON! A time when my productivity drops even more. I have a variegated thread of greens and purples that i brought specifically as it reminded me of Wimbledon. I have no idea what to do with it so if you have any ideas you would like to share? Or maybe I should challenge you to stitch a Wimbledon themed piece in July - from stash of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Off the top of my head Jodyri's Charleston is green and purple so you never know ha ha ha!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I had that one too and used it for one of the fish patterns in the KLT fish SAL last year. My newer thread is a Caron Collection Waterlilies 'Distant Hill's which is a richer colour palette with a hint of grey too. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the perfect stitch for it

      Delete
    3. I've got that one in Wildflowers - it is a beautiful shade 💜!

      Delete
  10. Beautiful update and tantalizing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your color choices for this month's challenge piece. I noticed one of the skeins is braided, did you do that or you bought it braided?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow your hardanger is beautiful as is your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I can't wait to see the next freebie with those colors! Your hardanger piece is beautiful as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my, such a wonderful Hardanger piece. And this butterfly is just as lovely. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will be doing withthe great new thread.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Hardanger piece! I have never seen one that beautiful weaved looking border.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love hearing from my fellow stitchers so please feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you (provided you are not a no-reply blogger!).