I'm still stitching away on Jodyri Butterfly quote (TV stitching) and should be able to get a bit more done by the end of the month, so I'll show that one then. However I have reached my monthly goal on Confetti of Hardanger and completed parts 10 -14! Although not every filling stitch is perfect, stitching white on white does hide a multitude of imperfections :). Here it is, along with a little glimpse of some of the filling stitches:
Most of the filling stitches I had worked before in other projects, but picots, curled V in a fan and edelweiss were new to me. I need more practice with edelweiss, but as this was the first time I'd stitched one I'm not going to beat myself up about it! It's all about tension..........which I hate! I wasn't the biggest fan of picots either (they tend to divide most stitchers and indeed knitters and crocheters!). I appreciate that they make a nice silhouette, but they are a pain to get evenly sized and spaced!
I've really enjoyed stitching this project! I remember thinking when I first signed up for the original SAL on it back in 2012 that I wasn't up to the skill level then - it's nice to see that my stitching has progressed! I will admit though that I have some terrible hardanger habits, I tend to eyeball the number of wraps and weaves rather than count them........something to work on..........
Part 2 of Milady's Blossom Garden was also released, it was only a small part again and required just an hour or two of stitching, so I figured I might as well put it back on the frame.........
This part included the first drawn thread band using hemstitch and diamond hemstitch. Oddly in the photo it looks as though I used a cream perle, but it is definitely white the same colour as the fabric! I love drawn threadwork and am on the look out for more involved drawn threadwork band samplers. For someone who was once afraid of cutting into her stitching I seem to have overcome the fear pretty well!
As far as monthly goals go, I just need to give my goldwork a bit of attention and we're done!