I chose to stitch her on 36ct Cream Edinburgh (the same I used for Red last year) and I changed the charted colour of her dress (GAST Banker's Grey) to an (unknown) GAST Ltd Ed I had in my stash as I wanted a more blue/grey look to it. Although this is a prim design, I couldn't resist a tiny touch of sparkle so for the fibre in the spinning wheel I used some Petite Silk Lame Braid (love that stuff!). Now Sleeping Beauty is done I might allow myself at some point in the future to add Rapunzel and Snow White to my collection - one day they would look nice displayed together in some rustic wooden frames........
I'm all behind with threadporn, so just last night I kitted up my two designs for this month, my Hardanger square and an appropriate freebie for me by Jeannette Douglas that I found on the Caron site. Here are my thread choices, so hopefully I'll find the time over this week to get them stitched!
I haven't touched Butterfly Garden this month yet, I wasn't in the mood for "bitty" stitching and the next part of MBG will be out this coming weekend - so all of that should keep me out of trouble until the end of the month.
I've also been umming and ahhing over whether I want to stitch another Chatelaine next year - Joyce has been tempting me with her Serengeti! I've swished through my stash and I have a fair amount of the fibres required, but I will probably substitute the threads that I am missing for ones I already have in my stash. If I did decide to go ahead with Serengeti, I may well force myself to make it a year long project - it's divided into twelve parts so makes it nice and easy to stitch a part every month in 2016! That way at least I will get my money's worth out of the project, knowing my past history with Chatelaines once I start one it's very hard to stop stitching on it when I get going. Sometimes it's nice to have a big project to get your teeth into and at 409 x 409 stitches Serengeti definitely fits into that category..........!