Sunday 25 September 2016

Solo September Success!

Yet again I have had success with Justine's OAAT SALs!  Head on over to her blog to see how everyone else has done - I need to catch up too!

I chose a new start, Alice in Wonderland by The Little Stitcher,  for my Solo September piece and am happy to report I put the final stitch in her last night.

Alice in Wonderland Closeup
 
I had hoped to stitch her in 100% of Nina's threads, but overcame my OCD about this when it came to the central quote as I couldn't find a colour strong enough for 1 over 2 stitching on this shade of fabric.  I figured that AVAS Soie d'Alger would be a silk worthy enough to sit by Nina's beauties, so went with that - the rest are my  own assortment of Nina's silks and cottons.
 
Alice in Wonderland by The Little Stitcher
 
 
Thank you for another great solo stitching month Justine!  I shall be back with another post next week about my stitching plans and thoughts for 2017 (yes you read that correctly!) and can definitely see myself incorporating a bit more OAAT stitching as it has worked well for me this year.  No more stitching for the remainder of September for me, I have a TBR pile that needs working on, so will dedicate some time to that hobby instead!
 
I have three WIPs left and plan on working on one for each of the remaining months of the year as well as shoehorning in a new Winter start in the hope of having another clean slate for the start of the new year.
 
So until next week........Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing your project well before the deadline :) It looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish - I love Alice and this is a great design. Your floss choices are gorgeous and I think your lettering looks perfect in that shade.
    Glad to hear too I'm not the only one already thinking about stitching plans for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece! Can't wait to see what you're up to next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely solo September finish Amanda,congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is such a great piece. Congrats on the finish. What do you plan for this?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous stitching! The colors are lovely. Congrats on another finish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a lovely design this is. And you finished it, yeah! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing your next project finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable finish, Amanda--and you did a wonderful job on choosing colors! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent finish and good luck finishing your other 3 WIPs by the end of the year. I'm getting to the point where I don't want to have as many WIPs either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on your finish. It is a lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, look what Solo stitching does for you, this is such a fun design, it's on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love hearing from my fellow stitchers so please feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you (provided you are not a no-reply blogger!).