Wednesday 26 October 2016

OAAT October

It seems that of late I've turned into a OAATer, who would have thought it! I decided to stick with Stéphanie until she was finished, here is what she looked like at the start of October and for most of the month actually as I didn't pick my stitching up for a fortnight......
 
Stéphanie Desmidt WIP 2
 
After a lot of over 1 darning on 40ct.......
 
Stéphanie Desmidt Closeup 4
 
 
I was considering having a new start after a brand new chart dropped through my letterbox, but I gritted my teeth and kept on darning.......
 

Stéphanie Desmidt Closeup 2

 
Stéphanie Desmidt Closeup 3
 
Stéphanie Desmidt Closeup 1
 
Until the happy event on Sunday evening when she was finally finished!
 
 
Stéphanie Desmidt 1844 Complete!
 

I'm really pleased with the finish, considering it is made up of two of the most common and simple embroidery stitches (cross and running) I think the end result is very effective!

Speaking of darning samplers, I've decided that I am going to part ways with Antje Reints.  I still love darning samplers and plan on doing more, it's just that stitching time is short and I need to be stitching on projects that really float my boat.  I wondered what I would do with the fabric, as I had started the central darning cross in the middle and then inspiration struck!  I will use it as my doodle cloth for next year!  At 36ct it's the perfect count to practice any new stitches and I might even make it my practice to add all the different stitches I'll be using, old and new, to it.

That leaves one WIP left to finish before the end of the year and I will be very happy to get back to it.  This is where it stands at the moment:


Band Sampler (SANQ) WIP 1
 
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into another OOATer!  While I was off work last week, as well as darning my heart out, I also prepped my projects for my January starts for next year.  I have to be in the mood for kitting and cutting so I struck while the iron was hot.  I decided to treat myself to AVAS silks for the Darlene O'Steen sampler that I plan on starting, but more on that next time as I think there have been enough photos in this post!
 
Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous finish! Beautiful work on all those stitches and similar colours. Plus exciting to get to work on January starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece. I can see why you stuck with it. I have projects that hold my focus at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great finish here, all so very beautifully stitched. Very impressive, Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a one at a timer, too, Amanda--love the thrill of seeing those finishes! This is so beautiful--great color palette for fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your latest finish, it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous piece but I can't help but think of your poor eyes >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks amazing Amanda! Awesome finish it's really a beautiful and elegant piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous stitching! I love the color palette on this piece. Congrats on another amazing finish! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous finish! I love the way the simple running stitches make a coloured background to the more complex stitches.
    I enjoy a bit of OAAT but I also like to keep up with my SALs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful finish and the colours are so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your finish is absolutely beautiful. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great finish I love the dimensions it has!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love hearing from my fellow stitchers so please feel free to leave a comment and I'll get back to you (provided you are not a no-reply blogger!).